Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Epoxy (encapsulate) ribs, stem, and seats before or after construction?

Greetings all,   I'm building my first boat, a Don Hill 17 FF using Okoume and white oak. Everything is ready to put together, but I'm wond…

Started by wade radina in General Forum

9 Sep 30, 2011
Reply by wade radina

Hmmm How did he do this?

Looking at Jason's recurve boats ( http://www.cajuneboats.com/ )... just curious, does anyone know how he did the bow and transom curves? O…

Started by Stephen Markley in General Forum

4 Sep 30, 2011
Reply by Stephen Markley

Colorado River / State Bridge float - rowing help / Saturday October 1?

Hi Everyone, Happy Fall from Colorado!!  It is beautiful here and the Aspen leaves are in full glory!  I am going to be near the Colorado R…

Started by Troy Sibelius in General Forum

4 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by Troy Sibelius

Rotten Inner Chine

I "inherited" a Tatman wooden boat from my dad.  He's 80 now...and didn't want to refinish it again (it's 25-30 years old).  I refinished t…

Started by Chuck Strum in General Forum

4 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by Chuck Strum

Drain

My son and I are in the process of building a 16 ft. McKenzie with transom.   Although our original plans don't discuss a drain, we planned…

Started by Steve Jaccaud in General Forum

3 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by Dave Z

Boat plan help

Hey guys this is my first post. I wanted to see if you could suggest a solution to this. My dad and I had planned to build a wood boat for…

Started by Craig Maguire in General Forum

6 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by Lee E Washburn

First River trip

Took my boat out onthe John Day from Spray to Service Creek Friday.  It was a good trip and She behaved herself and handled like a Lady.  B…

Started by Russ Tuter in General Forum

13 Sep 23, 2011
Reply by Robb Grubb

Fairing Compounds?

Hi All, I was just wondering what your thoughts are on Raka's Phenolic Micro Balloons?  I am shopping around for fairing compounds for a Mc…

Started by Jim Philpott in General Forum

10 Sep 21, 2011
Reply by Jim Philpott

Wood splitting, cracking

Looking for suggestions on: 1. The best way to fix splitting wood, some cracked/loose but not tearing away, along the ribs and floor. 2.…

Started by thomas schumacher in General Forum

6 Sep 15, 2011
Reply by thomas schumacher

New interior paint for my RR

Solid "Vermont Green" inside didn't work out so well.  It was hot to the touch, and every rub and scrape brought the primer to the surface.…

Started by Russ Tuter in General Forum

4 Sep 14, 2011
Reply by Russ Tuter

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service