Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

For your entertainment...

Hello Wooden Boat People, I've created a blog about building a whitewater dory with my Dad. Its mostly pics w/ a bit of text. I'd love you…

Started by Kelly Neu in General Forum

15 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by Kelly Neu

Cold Weather Varnish Question

Here is another question about varnish... Is it harmful to varnish in a heated garage during the winter - but then at the end of the day t…

Started by Jason Knight in General Forum

4 Jan 6, 2010
Reply by Jason Knight

First Time Boat Builder

Hi there. I just ordered some plans off of ebay from an individual. The plans are for a 14' Rapid Robert. I am really pumped! Any advice/ti…

Started by Ronnie Adams in General Forum

2 Jan 4, 2010
Reply by David S

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope that 2010 blesses every one of you and you have plenty of time to be on the river. Wooden Boat People is now about a year and a hal…

Started by Randy Dersham in General Forum

3 Jan 3, 2010
Reply by Herb Jacobsen

2009 has been good...

We it has been a good year out here in 2009. Built a boat - went fishing a bunch - just got engaged to my girl Christine this past week! Li…

8 Dec 30, 2009
Reply by Steve Sobba

Wood Boats and Wood Nets

Just had to share a couple pics of my new wooden net. My fishing buds John and Kyle hooked me up with this custom net. Long handled boat ne…

8 Dec 30, 2009
Reply by Jason Knight

Free-form vs strong back method

I am preparing to build a 16’ Rapid Robert (Bridges) using the plans in Roger Fletcher s book. I am trying to decide what method to use, st…

Started by Brian Viergutz in General Forum

8 Dec 23, 2009
Reply by Jeff Wilson

Cold Weather Boating

Anybody ever been out when it's really cold? I was just wondering if there are any pitfalls to winter steelheading from a boat other than t…

8 Dec 22, 2009
Reply by Jason Knight

Unlikely Boat Builder: The Cruelest Lesson

In the olden days (like 3 weeks ago), I thought the one task that separated the dreamers from the builders was lofting. But this week I dec…

Started by John Almberg in General Forum

3 Dec 20, 2009
Reply by John Almberg

donavan boat plans?

A friend of mine restored a donavan boat years ago & he would like to find an old boat that needs restoring or plans for building one A…

Started by Eric P.Jennings in General Forum

4 Dec 18, 2009
Reply by Charles Ray Heater

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service