General Forum (2,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

pitting in epoxy and varnish???

I cannot figure out a way to stop the "pitting" I get when I am finishing wood, I recently am working on my boat and applying epoxy to bare…

Started by Dan Burr

22 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by lhedrick

oar locks

Does anyone know of a oar lock that is similar to the "power pull" oar loack that Don Hill used to sell. I had a pair and really liked them…

Started by Bryan McDade

4 Sep 1, 2009
Reply by Bryan McDade

The Very First Wooden Boat Builders

Interested in hearing from people who have ideas about how long ago and actually how ? people first got involved in Wooden Boat Building. A…

Started by Mike Vandepeer

1 Sep 1, 2009
Reply by Joseph Podesta

epoxy for oars?

I have a set of Austrailian Ash oars that need to be refinished. One of them has about a 1/2" split in the end of the blade. My plan was to…

Started by Wil Bake

2 Aug 31, 2009
Reply by Jon Carter

paint popping

my neighbor has a wood lakeboat and is refinishing the paint the nail heads have rust on them and the paint keeps popping off the nail head…

Started by james wilkinson

2 Aug 30, 2009
Reply by Mike Vandepeer

Doh!

We had a couple really nice floats this weekend on the Manistee river on the west side of the mitten... caught some trout - a couple smalli…

Started by Jason Knight

9 Aug 30, 2009
Reply by Jesse Ronnow

Trailers Trailers and more Trailer Questions

Ok I am fast completing my drifer but I have given little thought to a trailer. So I am interested in peoples thoughts on the subject. The…

Started by Joseph Podesta

5 Aug 30, 2009
Reply by Joseph Podesta

wood boats and stone boats

Greetings from Beijing, China. At the Summer Palace we took a boat ride across the lake on an ornate wooden craft and ended up atMarble Boa…

Started by Jeff Wilson

4 Aug 29, 2009
Reply by Jeff Wilson

Anchor ?

Looking for info/suggestions about a pyramid shaped anchor. I noticed that some companies make them from lead while others steel. It seems…

Started by Eric Krause

3 Aug 28, 2009
Reply by Steve Sobba

Oars and Oar Locks

Needing to know a website or contact info for some Oars and Oar locks for drift boat. Looking for 8ft oars(wooden if possible).

Started by Matt Beach

10 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by Matt Beach

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service