General Forum (2,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Whitewater Dory build in Montana (was: Fir vs Meranti dory floor)

This will be heavily glassed and painted on both sides, not worried about fir checking which is better for stiffness and strength as a flo…

Started by Shawn Baker

45 Oct 9, 2020
Reply by Shawn Baker

Question - side patch

Hey folks! I have a question/plan to do a side patch where it attaches to the inner chine. Am currently replacing the rotted section of th…

Started by Peter Honsberger

10 Sep 21, 2020
Reply by Peter Honsberger

Caulk instead of glue

Has anyone tried building a traditional framed boat with torx screws and a good marine grade caulk instead of glue?  All else the same but…

Started by Sandy Pittendrigh

4 Sep 15, 2020
Reply by Jonathan Clarke

1840 british cutter designed by pete culler

Hi. I'm wondering if the 1840 british cutter by Pete Culler is a good boat, can it do larger crossings? Can you singelhand it. Any opinion…

Started by dave

4 Sep 2, 2020
Reply by dave

River Whip, The Ludwig

Two new boats this year.  16' Woodie Hindman double ender, 16' "Dave's River Whip" and "The Ludwig." 2020 been a weird one.  But lots of sh…

Started by Dave Z

1 Aug 29, 2020
Reply by Chris Muhs

New or used Driftboat trailer

Ladies and Gents, This must be one of those questions that gets posted over and over again because people like me can't seem to find the ti…

Started by William F. Dodson

7 Aug 18, 2020
Reply by Bennett Yarbrough

10th Colorado Wooden Boat Float

The 10th Annual Colorado Wooden Boat Float will be Saturday, September 19th, 2020.  We will be floating the Upper Colorado river and then h…

Started by mark hilbert

1 Aug 17, 2020
Reply by Rick Newman

Sande marine plywood--any comments?

I've been looking for a lighter alternative to Meranti plywood, and been discouraged from Okume by both price and reports of brittle explod…

Started by Brad Dimock

15 Aug 7, 2020
Reply by John Dobbelaere

Thanks for the add. Have read through quite a number of posts here... lots of great info and some impressive woodwork. Have owned a couple…

Started by Jon Stagnitti

6 Aug 7, 2020
Reply by Rick Newman

Bo's anchor system starting to slip

Does anyone know if bo is still around? I've sent an email and the phone numbers on the various websites I found aren't working. My ancho…

Started by Steve Jay

7 Aug 7, 2020
Reply by Rick Newman

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service