Too many days to count. Still at home, staying inside, sheltering in place. Anybody getting out anywhere?

Rick N

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The round holes are for the holddowns - they are scattered on the bench top and sides, anywhere they might come in handy - the square holes are for wooden bench dogs

and they're lined up with the tail vise. 

The Coweemen is a small River just north of the Kalama and South a little ways from the Cowlitz. There are not many places you can fish it from and it is not a drift boat river. In the last 40 years that I have fished it I have seen one drift boat on it. And they were not fishing, a guy and a gal, if you know what I mean. I saw them, they didn't see me.

I have run across a couple of similar situations, no boats were involved. They were surprising sights!

Rick N

I found the Coweemen, I had no idea that it was there. I will have to check it out some day.

Rick

That's hilarious.

Saw similar one time quietly kayaking the Bitterroot river.

On the lower McKenzie River, just out of Eugene and close to the University of Oregon, is a huge basalt rock face that inclines gently to the river's edge.  We call it Sorority Rock because traditionally when we first get some prolonged stretches of warm sun, young female U of O students flock there to sun bathe in varying states of dress/undress.  It is about the time of the year that the McKenzie Green Caddis hatch is going on, so this can be quite a drift.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service