Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Penetrating Epoxies

Does anyone have much experience with trying to saturate and strengthen old sun-dried and/or slightly rotted plywood with penetrating epoxy…

Started by Brad Dimock in General Forum

7 Apr 28, 2012
Reply by Don Hanson

baby needs a new pair of shoes

Hi Everyone, My UHMW shoe was looking pretty bad so I pulled it off this afternoon and I need to replace it. Unfortunately the boat is kept…

Started by Kurt Selisch in General Forum

8 Apr 27, 2012
Reply by Jack Rose

Build Nearing Final Stages

I have been either working on a place for this drift boat or on the boat itself for three years. Here are a few teaser pictures of some of…

Started by Rick Newman in General Forum

25 Apr 27, 2012
Reply by Jack Rose

Lap Joint vs. traditional scarf for joing two big bottom pieces

As I get closer to putting a new bottom on my boat I am leaning towards doing a lap joint to combine the two 4' x 8' marine grade plywood s…

Started by Jon Darrohn in General Forum

9 Apr 26, 2012
Reply by Greg Jensen

Oar Stops/Wraps Question

Hey...I have a vintage Tatman boat I am prepping for some adventures...and need oar advice.  I have 3 wooden Gull oars that I have to refin…

Started by Christopher M. Gosselin in General Forum

6 Apr 24, 2012
Reply by Christopher M. Gosselin

FLOOR BOARDS - NEEDED OR JUST HISTORIC

Hello all - I just read a post by Rob Grubb regarding the neccessity of floor boards in drift boats, and would really like to get some thou…

Started by Greg Jensen in General Forum

3 Apr 23, 2012
Reply by Robb Grubb

Materials Questions

Thanks again to all that suggested I buy Roger Fletchers book. Loaded with info!    So I have decided to build the Original Mackenzie Do…

Started by Brian Schiller in General Forum

16 Apr 21, 2012
Reply by Eric Loudenslager

Floor boards

At the point where I need to make some floorboards for my 17' Don Hill FF.  I plan on using CVG Doug Fir at about 1/2" thickness.  The plan…

Started by Chuck Gower in General Forum

6 Apr 21, 2012
Reply by Lawrence E. Long

Drain hole

OK, here's another end-of-project question. Where do you guys put your drain hole? When I built this boat I placed it at the lowest point i…

Started by Jack Rose in General Forum

6 Apr 20, 2012
Reply by Robb Grubb

Front stripping deck

On the tatman design the front stripping deck is 1/8 inch that fits into the 3 wood rails as you can see in the photo.  I like to stand on…

Started by Steve Jay in General Forum

7 Apr 20, 2012
Reply by Jack Rose

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service